OU Launches new study abroad course in Brunei
Cameron Siler and art professor Dr. Peter Froslie have teamed up to create a fantastic new course entitled “Brunei – At the Intersection of Science and Art: Understanding Biodiversity and Conservation” in Summer 2017 (BIO 4970/ART 4823). Brunei is on the island of Borneo, which cnontains a unique tropical rainforest that is home to 6% of the total world biodiversity, and includes such amazing animals as the orangutan and the pygmy elephant. The course will travel from the University of Brunei Darussalam to the Kuala Belalong Field Studies Centre in Ulu Temburong National Park.
Please join Cameron and others from the Siler Lab in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!! Apply here.
- October 24, 5:30pm (Walter Tower, Rm. 123) – Informational session; meet the professors
- October 24 – Applications open!
- February 19 – Last day to apply for the program
- February 26 – Last day to apply for Presidential International Travel Fellowship
- July 5-9 – Class/orientation on OU-Norman Campus
- July 10 – Depart from OKC Airport
- July 12 – Arrive in Brunei
- August 2 – Leave Brunei
Contact Karen L. Elmore (Director of Arts and Sciences International Programs) for more information:
For an advising appointment, go to: http://iadvise.ou.edu/casip